Mustasaari offers a variety of things to see and do
- Café and lunch. There is a restaurant and a café on the island, located in the main building. During the summer season, the café opens at 10.30 a.m. and closes 45 minutes before the last ferry departs. The café is well-known for their massive cinnamon buns, and in addition, they serve hot and cold beverages, ice cream and other treats. During the summer season, a lunch buffet is served daily from 12 a.m. to 2 p.m. A vegetarian option is also available.
- Chapel. Daily prayers at 2 p.m. and Mass on Sundays at the same time. Services last circa 15 minutes and Mass circa 1 hour. The chapel is also meant to serve as a place for private meditation and prayer. It is also possible to organize marriages and christenings in the chapel. More information from the office of Mustasaari.
- Activities. During the summer there are different kinds of activities and events that you are welcomed to participate in. After Midsummer we traditionally offer various children's theatre performances and circuses in Mustasaari.
- Playground is intended for smaller children. Parental supervision is advised. There is a swing, a slide, a playhouse, a sandpit and various toys there.
- Pelagic nature. You can enjoy the panoramic sea views and explore the nature trails that circle the island. Discover the diverse flora and fauna that embellish the island. There are also places where you can quiet down and meditate, such as the cape of silence, the rushes of calmness and the altar of mundane.
- Beach. The beach is shallow and safe for small children. There is no lifeguard on duty. Parental supervision is strongly advised. The showers and the dressing rooms are open to public.
- Animals. There are sheep and hares living in Mustasaari, and they like to make new friends. Feeding the animals is forbidden, they are fed by the employees.
- Grill. You can prepare your own food on the grill. The firewood is free to use or alternatively you can buy charcoals from the office.
- Venues for hire. Meeting/Seminar facilities and pavilions available for booking.
- Please notice that the island is a sober space. Do not consume intoxicants during your visit.
- Pets are not allowed on the island.
Further questions and inquiries
Want to rent a space for a meeting? Need to know the wifi password while enjoying a coffee in our café? Did you stumble while exploring the island and need a band-aid?
Whatever your question concerning the island may be, please do contact our office. We answer emails all year round and while visiting the island you can find us in the main building.
You can find our contact information at the bottom of the page.